Rules of Use – Oceanside Community Club
Note: Rules also available as a printable PDF.
OCCUPANCY: MAXIMUM BUILDING CAPACITY is 99 people with chairs OR 67 people with tables and chairs
- THERE SHALL BE NO UNLAWFUL USE OR SALE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES If used, such beverages shall be consumed only by your legal-age guests within the Hall or attached patio.
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED inside the Hall or within 10 feet of any entrance.
- Entrance to the Hall by any OCC officer or representative, or law enforcement officer, for any purpose, may be made at any time.
- NOTHING MAY BE TAPED, TACKED, OR NAILED TO THE INTERIOR OR EXTERIOR WALLS, CEILING OR WOODWORK. When moving tables or chairs, lift them to avoid damage to the floor. None of the Community Club property is to be removed from the premises.
- No parking spaces shall be blocked or reserved in any manner. The parking lot next door is part of the state park – your guests can park there, but so can beach visitors. The parking lot is to be emptied by 11:00 p.m. per Oregon State Parks regulations.
- Users shall not make excessive noise, including loud music, nor disturb or annoy those in the vicinity of the Community Club.
- Users shall provide their own cookware, table covers, paper plates, cups, napkins, etc., dishcloths, towels, garbage bags and pot holders. One roll of paper towels, dish soap and a limited number of trash bags will be supplied.
- Taper candles are not allowed in the community club. (Candles unable to tip over are allowed.)
- The use or dispersal of decorative “glitter” is not permitted.
- The fireplace is to be used for wood burning only and is subject to an additional fee (see below). Dura-Flame type logs are also OK. No plastic or garbage shall be placed in the fireplace and no burning of refuse is allowed. Any violation may result in additional cleaning fees. Place ashes in small metal trash can found in outside storage room.
- The kitchen shall be left in clean condition. Utensils and equipment shall be washed, dried and put back in their proper place. The oven shall be left in clean condition. No food or beverages may be left on the premises or in the refrigerator. No deep frying, hot oil cooking, or crab boiling is allowed.
- Tables and chairs shall be returned to the storage room and arranged per the photo there.
- Floors shall be cleaned of any spills, drips, or dirty foot trafﬁc. Kitchen surfaces are to be wiped clean. Outside patio, front walk, and side areas adjacent to the Hall shall be cleaned of any refuse left over from the event. Cleaning supplies (brooms, chemicals and mop) are available for use as needed. If cleaning is not possible, for whatever reason, see “Cleaning Fees” below.
- One standard size garbage can is included with the rental fee. Additional cans (not located inside back room) may be found in outside storage room adjacent to rear door if needed. A $15.00 fee will be charged for any additional cans used. Please line all cans used with large garbage bags located under counter in back room. No recycling service is available. Any items left will be treated as garbage.
- All lights, stove-top elements, oven, and any other appliances shall be turned off or unplugged. The wall thermostat, (located on wall near supply room) should be turned to “on” position, the fan set to “auto,” and temperature set to 55 degrees. Temperature can be adjusted by the “up and down” push buttons.
- All doors and windows are to be locked upon departure. Lock the back door and sliding doors from the inside, then use the bottom button on the electronic front door lock to lock the front door as you leave.
- User agrees to pay for any damage to the Hall resulting from use of the facility and to replace or pay for any equipment or furnishings that are damaged. Please respect our landscaping and flower garden.
DURING USE OF THE HALL, IF ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES OR ANY OTHER UNLAWFUL ACT OCCURS, THE FUNCTION MAY BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED BY THE OCEANSIDE COMMUNITY CLUB OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESERVATION CHANGES
CANCELLATION POLICY: ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE CONVEYED IN WRITING OR BY EMAIL. WHEN CANCELLATIONS ARE RECEIVED MORE THAN ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED USE, OCC WILL REFUND 100% OF THE RENTAL FEE AND DEPOSIT MINUS A $50 FEE. WHERE CANCELLATIONS ARE RECEIVED BETWEEN SIX MONTHS AND ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE OF USE, OCC WILL REFUND 25% OF THE RENTAL CHARGE AND 100% OF THE DEPOSIT. WHERE CANCELLATIONS ARE RECEIVED LESS THAN SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED USE, OCC WILL REFUND 100% OF THE DEPOSIT AND WILL RETAIN THE ENTIRE RENTAL FEE.
RESERVATION CHANGES: ALL REQUESTS TO CHANGE RESERVATION DATES MUST BE CONVEYED IN WRITING OR BY EMAIL AND ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. IF RESERVATIONS ARE CANCELLED AND MOVED TO A DATE THAT IS WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED USE, OCC WILL CHARGE A $50 FEE AND APPLY FUNDS RECEIVED TO THE NEW RESERVATION. IF RESERVATIONS ARE CANCELLED AND MOVED TO A DATE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AFTER THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED USE, OCC WILL DEEM THE CHANGE A CANCELLATION AND IMPOSE CANCELLATION CHARGES PURSUANT TO THE CANCELLATION POLICY ABOVE AND BOOK AND BILL CHARGES FOR THE NEW DATE AS AN ORIGINAL REQUEST.
SCHEDULE OF ADDITIONAL FEES / CHARGES
DAMAGE/EXCESS CLEANING/GARBAGE FEES: OCC WILL CHARGE A MINIMUM CLEANING FEE OF $50 AND AN ADDITIONAL $50 PER HOUR FOR CLEANING/REPAIR SERVICES IF THE HALL IS NOT LEFT IN THE SAME CONDITION AS UPON ARRIVAL. OCC PROVIDES COMPLEMENTARY DISPOSAL FOR TRASH UP TO A SINGLE GARBAGE CAN (PROVIDED), BUT WILL CHARGE $15 PER STANDARD GARBAGE CAN/BAG TO DISPOSE OF ADDITIONAL TRASH.
FIREPLACE CHARGE. OCC WILL CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL $50 CLEANING FEE FOR EVENTS THAT MAKE USE OF THE FIREPLACE IN THE HALL. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY TRASH BE BURNED IN THE FIREPLACE.
OVERTIME CHARGES. OCC WILL CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL $50 PER HOUR TO THOSE WHO DO NOT COMPLETE CLEANING AND VACATE THE OCC HALL BY THE TIME AGREED UPON IN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.